Scientific and Technical Writing with an Emphasis on Publications, Posters, and Abstracts (1 Day)
|Tutor:||Dr. Silvia M. Rogers, Ph.D. (Pharmacologist)|
|Target audience:||Students and scientific/medical professionals who wish to broaden their knowledge of powerful scientific reporting, particularly if they plan to write a Ph.D. thesis, manuscript for publication, or poster|
- Scientific and Technical Writing: An Orientation
- Back to Basics - The Main Difficulties Commonly Experienced
- Poster Presentations and Abstracts
- How to Turn 'Poor' Scientific Writing into 'Compelling' Writing
- Excessive Use of the Verb 'to be'
- Excessive Use of Prepositions
- The Tenses in Scientific Reporting
- Joining Statements
- The Umbrella Term 'Modifiers'
- Standards and Style
- Visual Formats
A workshop entitled "Medical and Scientific Writing with an Emphasis on Clinical Reporting" is also available.